We accept unsolicited submissions from Australian writers.
- Word count: 1000 - 8000 words
- Please note: Short stories are our most popular submission category. We love reading & publishing them, but we do get more of them than anything else. So don't be afraid to try your hand at one of the below categories to increase your chances of being published.
- Word count: 800 - 5000 words
- We publish creative essays, which we loosely define as "creative non-fiction which explores a certain topic"
- Creative essays do not require references (but they can)
- Creative essays may express your personal opinion on the topic
- We do not publish political essays
- Line count: 8 - 80 lines
- You may enter a "suite" of poems (several shorter poems designed to be published together) in the one submission
- Word count: 400 - 800 words
- We only review Australian books published in the last 3 years
- Coming soon: Commissioned book reviews
- Are you a book publisher? Send us a book for review (Australian authors only).
A maximum of four submissions every six weeks (one per category).
To submit, simply create a profile. It's free, easy and we will never share your private information with anyone & we never spam you. A profile allows you to sign in any time & submit new works.
You may pitch ideas to us if you want to! Just use the contact form.
Our preferred submission file format is a Microsoft Word file, single-spaced, 12pt Calibri font. But we won't penalise you otherwise. (LibreOffice and Google Docs are free Microsoft Word alternatives).
All submissions may be edited (by us) prior to publication. We limit our edits to minor grammatical fixes and typos.
In the interest of fairness, we blind read all submissions.
Submit to Brain drip, it's just three simple steps.
Create Profile: If you don't yet have a profile, sign up now! It's quite painless, and a profile lets you submit your work to Brain drip.
Login: If you have a profile, please log in. A profile lets you submit your work to Brain drip
Submit: Once you're logged in, just click the button to submit.
If you experience any issues with our submissions process, click the contact link and let us know.